You’ve heard people say that it’s not what you know, it’s who you know that gets your foot in the door. One of the most effective forms of marketing is relationship marketing.
Building relationships online involves getting active on social media, getting involved in the discussions on blog posts, and truly opening your ears and listening to your audience for keys to what they want. Once your audience feels heard, you’ve built a long-lasting relationship with them that will be hard to break.
Here are a few of the relationship building strategies:
Stay in Touch with Prospects
You have an email list of prospects that’s important to use it. Don’t just ask them to sign up and then ignore them. What’s more, if you don’t use your email list, they might forget they even signed up and accuse you of spamming them when you finally do send something. Don’t make that mistake; keep in touch from day one.
- Keep in touch with your prospects by sending them periodic updates
- Send updates about what you’re learning or doing,
- Share other resources from reliable financial sites
- Update them with the latest news in the topic you’re in such as coaching or E-commerce
Conduct Surveys with Audience
Periodically, use your email list (and even social media) to conduct a survey about your audience’s attitudes or other factors that might need exploring. Both prospects and existing clients love to be asked what they think about things. Take advantage of that fact.
- Ask them through a survey what type of topics would be of interest
- Pick a new topic, write about it and share with them
- Keeping them involved will help form strong relationship
You can create beautiful online forms to use for your surveys. Ask simple questions and receive your answers online. Try using a free version such as Google Forms and Jot Forms to start. Both are fairly easy to use.
Understand the Power of Social Media
Although many life coach, health coach, and entrepreneurs don’t take advantage of using social media, it is one of the free methods to create brand new relationships. Social media is a very powerful tool that can be used to expand awareness of your brand, engage with your prospects or clients, and even teach people something new.
- Be aware of what you are posting, and why you’re posting it
- Social media is essentially a method by which it’s easy to start a conversation with your target market or audience
- You can drive the conversation in the direction you want it to go
- Use social media as a powerful listening tool that can help you build better relationships and get more traffic to your website
Start using social media to make connections and form new relationships online. Once you make connection, be sure to send emails too and inform them of the latest news or promotions you have.
Remember though you’re forming relationships and not bombard them with constantly selling. Provide information that is helpful and thoughtful, ask questions and encourage them to communicate with you.