One of the most effective forms of marketing is relationship marketing. You’ve heard the old saying that “it’s not what you know, but it’s WHO you know” that gets your foot in the door.
Start using social media to build relationships online. Become involve, get active on social media and join discussions on blog posts, and truly opening your ears and listen to your audience for ideas. Once your audience feels heard, you’ve built a long-lasting relationship with them that will be hard to break.
Here are a few of the relationship building strategies:
Stay in Touch with Prospects
You have an email list of prospects that’s important to use it. Don’t just ask them to sign up and then ignore them. What’s more, if you don’t use your email list, they might forget they even signed up and accuse you of spamming them when you finally do send something. Don’t make that mistake; keep in touch from day one.
- Keep in touch with your prospects by sending them periodic updates
- Send updates about what you’re learning or doing
- Share other resources from reliable sites
- Update them with the latest news in the topic you’re in such as guiding/coaching or E-commerce (if you sell books, crystals, etc.)
Periodically, use your email list and social media to conduct a survey about your specific topics or other factors that might need exploring. Both prospects and existing clients love to be asked what their opinions.
- Ask them through a survey what type of topics would be of interest
- Pick a new topic, write about it and share with them
- Keeping them involved will help form strong relationship
Understand the Power of Social Media
Although many spiritual coach, astrologists, and metaphysics entrepreneurs may not take advantage of using social media, it is one of the free methods to create brand new relationships. Social media is a very powerful tool that can be used to expand awareness of your brand, engage with your prospects and teach people something new.
- Be aware of what you are posting, and why you’re posting it
- Social media is essentially a method by which it’s easy to start a conversation with your target market or audience
- You can drive the conversation in the direction you want it to go
- Use social media as a powerful listening tool that can help you build better relationships and get more traffic to your website
Start using social media to make connections and form new relationships online. Once you make connection, be sure to send emails too and inform them of the latest news or promotions you have.
Remember though you’re forming relationships, do not bombard them with constantly selling. Provide information that is helpful and thoughtful, ask questions and encourage them to communicate with you. Do you have other suggestions? If so, comment below, thanks!