Marketing online continues to evolve and grow, and these days social media takes a front seat in most online marketing strategies as supports the growth of business.
The reasons to use social platforms to engage and reach customers are plentiful; here are 5 of the main ones.
Reason #1: How Many People Can You Reach?
Check out why Social Media Managers are constantly watching and engaging in social media. Take a look at how many people can see your social media posts.
- There are 3 billion active Internet users and 2.1 billion of them have social media accounts.
- YouTube has more than 2 billion users, more than a 1/3 of all web users. Each and every day web visitors view hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube that generate billions of views. (as of Jan. 2022)
- Facebook has nearly 2.9 billion users, that’s 47% of all Internet users. 1.13 trillion Likes are generated daily and nearly 75% of Facebook’s revenue comes from mobile advertising. 1.93 billion Facebook users login in at least once daily and 7million of marketers found a customer on Facebook in 2019.
- Twitter has 316 million monthly active users that 36 million tweets each day
- Google+ has over 1 billion users that hit the +1 button on 5 billion times per day
- Pinterest has 444 million users, 77.1% of which are women and roughly around 15% are men. 85% of Pinterest users purchase a product based on pins, with the average sale being $58.95. 67% of pinned content is from a business site and 82% of Pinterest users would rather follow a brand than a celebrity.
- LinkedIn has over 740 million users
- Not to mention, TikTok (1 billion) and Instagram (over 964 million) users too are growing
Are you Impressed yet?
The stats above are just one reason to use social media to market your business that really shows the reach that social media can have on your business, be it online and brick and mortar. Here are 4 more reasons to make social media a part of your marketing plan.
Reason #2: Relationship Building
Social media allows you to reach people at a more personal level. Many social media marketing experts explain that social media is about relationships building, that as a side effect brings about conversions for calls to action. When you connect with people and they connect with you, they are more likely to follow your brand and all it has to offer.
Reason #3: Use Your Best Content and Show it Off
When you use social media you can show off your best content and highlight all your brand has to offer. Whether you use text, images, video, or all of the above, you can tailor your campaign to present and impress your target audience with the very best content, products, and services that your brand has to offer. Tailoring your campaign through social media allows you to meet many objectives, including, building brand reputation, customer engagement, a better customer experience through valuable information and any other goals that meet your marketing needs.
Reason #4: Steady and Reliable Traffic
Who isn’t sick of fighting for organic traffic when Google keeps wiping sites off their SERPS with one after another of their ongoing updates? Social media can bring a steady, long term, reliable and ongoing stream of traffic to your sites and blogs, without having to worry that some entity will come along and wipe you out. As of 2020, you need to follow their rules and not get into political views or medical views, or you may get removed from the social media platform. Best practice don’t talk about politics, religion or share medical advice (especially during pandemic times) and stick to business talks.
Reason #5: You are in Control
One of the greatest benefits of social media is that you have full control of what is presented about your company, brand, and website to your target audience. You can tailor your marketing plan to meet specific goals and not leave anything to chance. The multitude of tracking, and testing tools available, such as, Google analytics, and BuzzSumo, just to name a couple allow you to enhance and tweak your campaigns as needed to constantly improve your efforts to boost conversions.
There is no better time than now to take advantage of all social media has to offer. If you have an online business and do not have a social media presence then you need to at least use one. Yes, you can have success just to use one social media platform and start hanging out where your ideal clients are, it’s really as simple as that.
There are many expert guides online to get you started and educating yourself on the intricate process that is social media marketing is critical to your overall success.
If you need help with social media, as always, reach out and contact us and let’s get your brand in front of potential customers.